Marketing United / BURO CREATIVO attended MarketingProfs Digital Marketing Forum in Austin, Texas this week and it totally rocked.
Our expectations were high and MarketingProfs delivered in full!
We had an opportunity to be exposed to great content, great speakers and great people. The bad weather was a potential disaster for the event but the show went on and the attendee numbers weren’t that affected. Out of 303 registrants 240 showed up. Out of 50 speakers, 40 speakers showed up, we didn’t notice.
The closing speaker gave a summary of ideas learned from the event, we enjoyed the following:
- News feed optimization is the new SEO
- When writing online content always tell a story
- Always use pretty charts and graphs in presentations, if you don’t 90% wont view the info.
- Companies need to create conversations with consumers, not just participate in them
- Social media is a skill, not a job
- We used to hire for skills,, now we hire for culture!!!
- 3 Metrics companies should focus on: are our customers happy?, did we save money?, did we make money?
- Best twitter strategy: share good shit LOL!
Make sure you follow their twitter feed of the event #MPforum
And check out ours also @burocreativo @marketingunited